Saturday, August 31, 2013

That time when I decided on a whim that I needed to have purple hair...

I am currently house/puppysitting for some people and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get from their house out in East Jesus Nowhere to where I work. This experience with them has been ridiculous, but anyway because I had no idea how long it would take to get from them to work and wanted not to be late, I left super early to feed the dogs dinner.

Well, I didn't really need to panic. I got to work about an hour early. Literally an entire hour. Let me be clear, free time is not my friend. I get into trouble. I also work within walking distance at the salon that I get my hair colored at. 

After getting my hair freshly ombred for the fall, I still was on the change hype. The lovely lady who does my hair is named Callie and she currently has a bit of blue striped through her hair which to me sounded like a great idea...only in purple. Thus, with an hour before work and boredom afoot, I decided why the heck not.

I now have a swath of royal purple adorning my scalp. It's been annoying me all night but once I wash it, it should blend in better with my hair and make me less irritated with its standoutyness. Yup, just invented a word. It is a real human hair extension that's been bonded to my hair with something akin to hair tape (?) and can apparently be re-bonded 3 times if necessary. I don't know how long I'll be in love with it and I'll probably put pictures up once I've washed my hair (which with my thick hair could take a couple days, just so you know). But, I thought since I have something to report, I might as well do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment