Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Favorites

Hooray! This one is actually on time! After last month's super favorites, I figured that this time I'd actually take care of my blog post on time and get my favorites for September up at....the end of September. But how is it already the end of September?! WHERE did the month go? I feel like it was just Labor Day and yet, here I am with my calendar all set for October. 2014 may have been the fastest year of my life.

The first items on my favorites were purchased in the last week but I love them so much, they're  making the cut for this month's favorites anyway. They're all skincare products from Lush.

-Mask of Magnaminty. My skin has never been happier than after using this. I initially went into Sephora last week to pick up another product but after having yet another Sephora employee not help me and instead refer me to a computer to read reviews from their website, I left and headed to Lush where the lovely girls in there suggested Mask of Mag to me. I used that along with the sample of the next product and the next morning, everything on my face had shrank significantly.

-Coal Face Soap. This stuff. This stuff. It's magic. Combined with Mask of Mag, I swear it can cure all that is wrong with the world. Ok, maybe not all that is wrong, but if it's wrong with your face, this will clear it right up. It isn't much to look at, but my skin loves charcoal, which I've mentioned before and as a result, this has been a great week for my face.

-OPI Steady As She Rose Nail Polish. My go-to nail polish color for my almost never manicured nails is a pale, baby pink shade. Except when I busted out my nail polish stash at the end of August thinking I'd like to paint my nails, my cheap little Sally Hansen bottle was gloppy and gross, meaning I needed a new bottle. I'd had my eye on this color when the collection came out in 2011 and  since I needed a new light pink, I ordered it on Amazon. It almost looks like a nude color because of the grey tint in it which I personally think makes it even more wearable. It's been on both sets of nails this month and have enjoyed the neutral polish it gives to my nails.

-Dolce and Gabbana Escape to Panarea Perfume. I blogged about this when I purchased it for myself early in the month but I've worn it literally every day since. The best part about it is that I can't smell it on myself. I mean, I can if I literally sniff myself but unlike my favorite DKNY perfume, I can't constantly smell it all day. To me it doesn't smell so much like perfume as just a person who smells really good, naturally and I love that.

-MAC blush in Harmony. This is an oldie but a goodie for me. I bought it about 3 years ago when I was going through a phase where every blush I owned was "too pink" on me. Enter Harmony which looks scary dark in the pan but on looks like a gorgeous natural flush on the skin. Once it gets to be autumn, I typically switch from peachy and pink toned blushes to more natural shades and this is my go-to right now.

-Clinique Longwear Lipstick in Creamy Nude.  After an entire summer of Kylie Jenner's lips being a trending topic on just about every social media, I decided I needed a new, matte-ish lip color to wear for Fall and after many trial and error experiences at the Clinique counter, I landed on Creamy Nude. It's a pinky brown shade that gives me a my lips but better look and it lasts for a long, long time.

-Bath and Body Works Triple Moisture Cream in Comfort. One of my coworkers wears this all the time and I kept smelling it at work and finally had to find out what it was. Supposedly it is supposed to smell like a pumpkin latte with marshmallows but to me, it smells like a better, more autumnal version of Pink Sugar. I bought one bottle and then had a coupon for 20% off and did the buy 2 get 1 free just so I could have more. I'm obsessed!

-Apple Donuts. I started September at Apple Hill. I kept bringing it up and bugging my family so my parents and I went on Labor day, specifically for apple donuts from High Hill Ranch. Clearly we got a dozen of them! The crumb was my favorite, but the glazed and cinnamon sugar were really good too. Unfortunately, with the King Fire going on, I haven't been able to go back up, but the plan is to go back up next month just for more donuts ;)

-Celestial Seasonings Pumpkin Harvest Tea. I discovered this tea last year when I snagged it on a whim at the grocery store and immediately loved it. It's pumpkin-y without being overly so and the spices make it a truly unique tea. I typically make myself a mug every morning with my cereal.


-Tazo Vanilla Caramel Chai Tea. Another tea picked up on a whim, I bought a box the last time I was at Target with my mom shopping with our 5% off coupon and I'm OBSESSED! To me, it doesn't really taste like vanilla caramel, it tastes more like maple...but I really don't mind that at all. My only problem is that I've been making lattes with it using Trader Joe's brand coconut milk but I don't want to have a half gallon of coconut milk in the fridge for just lattes. That's silly. The tea on its own is ok. But the latte is amazing.


-Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. I've loved this show for a while, but the second season finally premiered at the end of August and I've been watching it all month long. I tell you, this show is better than the stupid Kardashians any day of the week. I think that I love it because in spite of the ridiculousness of their lifestyles and spending habits, there are moments on the show where they're really just human, especially Morgan Stewart, who I just love. I'm bummed that the seasons are just so short.

-SacconeJoly Vlogs. I have a confession to make. This month I've discovered the Saccone Jolys on YouTube and have quickly fallen in love with their family, especially their two year old littler girl, Emilia. They post new vlogs every day at 6pm their time, which means 10am my time and I've had a blast starting my mornings with baby antics. They're just such a sweet family and the kids are stinkin' cute too!



No comments:

Post a Comment