Saturday, May 9, 2015

ChelsReads: Dragonfly in Amber

Hey guys, been a while, hasn't it? 2015 so far has been a little nuts and I haven't had time to just sit down and blog for a while. But I finally (I mean, seriously, I bought the book the second we got in the door from Disneyland in January) finished the second book in the Outlander series, Dragonfly in Amber and I thought I would share it with you.

The second book of the series followed Claire and Jamie's time leading up to the second Scottish Uprising and the battle at Culloden Moor. I don't want to spoil too much, in case anyone out there wants to read it, but the story spans Europe, from Paris back to Scotland and I think that it was a great  second foray into their story. At the end of Outlander, we were in France where Jamie was recovering. From there, we move to Paris and traverse the social scene of a time where the Jacobite movement was still taking off. To be totally honest, it's kind of insane how all over the place the story was and I can't believe it was all one book. 

Apart from some minor discrepancies between the first book and the second, overall it was a great read. In fact, I wasn't originally planning to continue with the series after finishing Dragonfly in Amber (honestly, as good as it was, it's a looooong read and I was told that the subsequent books don't get really good again until the 5th or 6th stories) but I finished the book and had to find out what happened next so I downloaded Voyager. 

I'm hoping that now that I'm working a different (and much better) job that I'll have more time to post both here and on the food blog that I work on with my friend. And yes, I know how many times I've said that, but this time I'm actually planning to make it work. This is going to be a big year and I can't wait to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment