Sunday, May 31, 2015

Plant Friends

Like literally every other girl on the Internet, I've jumped on the succulent bandwagon. Not that I don't love to have fresh flowers and other plants around me, but succulents are definitely a more low maintenance alternative for those of us who may not have the greenest of thumbs.

For mother's day this year, my family went on a garden tour in East Sacramento and one of the stops was a bazaar of sorts where they were selling succulents 4 for $10. My sister and I each got two and while she planted hers right away, I was a little bit lazier and couldn't decide what I wanted to do with mine. Until one day I saw these Fossil watch tins sitting on the shelves over my desk, unused and empty and got a little inspired. They're stupid easy to plant and I think that they look so cute planted in the printed tins, too!

I'm out of watch tins now, but I have some tea tins that I think are going to house the next few succulents I add to my collection. The best part is they're kind of a middle of the road size so they're good for smaller plants, giving them room to expand, but they'll be super east to transplant into a larger pot when they get to that spot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment