Sunday, November 10, 2013

I honestly don't have a ton to fess up this week, guys.

This last week has just been one where nothing interesting happened to me whatsoever. I went to school, I went to work, and that was about it. In lieu of the traditional fess up, I'll just share some high points of my week with you. I really don't have anything I'm super obsessed with right now, anyway. 

 I was made more aware that I love my job this week, though. San Juan Unified did their annual Principal for a Day event and I had a great time! I got to go to two different elementary schools and take pictures of their guest principals interacting with the kids. I'll post a few of them here:



These are the ones that made it onto San Juan Unified's Facebook page. I'm pretty proud of them, and I had a fantastic time going to the different schools and checking out what they're doing there. I really do enjoy my job immensely and I'm glad that I found it when I did. It's proven to be an unexpected surprise. 

This week was also another good one in the world of online shopping. I am obsessed with big, long sleeved shirts. I got one like 4 years ago at the Walt Disney Family Museum that I wear all the time. It's big and comfy and super warm and I find myself wishing I had more shirts like it all the time. Thusly, I set out to order myself some. The first of which I got from InkOnAShirt as a custom order. They're the home of the adorable "Southern Made" shirts that I've been seeing everywhere on Pinterest lately and unfortunately, despite my fondest wishes, I am about as unsouthern as possible. So I emailed the shop owners and they obliged me with an adorable custom ordered shirt in my Alabama Football colors :)


How stinkin' cute is that bow?! I'm in love. I have another Alabama Crimson Tide Elephant shirt coming from another Etsy shop later on and I can't wait to lounge in my big ass shirts for the rest of the Fall and Winter months. They're so easy to wear with all sorts of outfits. I can go casual with yoga pants and leggings or I can throw on some skinny jeans and boots and look a little more put together than my typical choice of  lounge wear for days when I have to go to school.

Last but not least was getting to spend all day today with my friend Tamiko and her niece and goddaughter. I love kids and I love being able to have a grownup day with my friend where we go shopping for running shoes and have girly chit chat while playing with the kids. 


I mean look at that face, guys! How can you not love her?! I've nicknamed her Princess Thundercloud after several pretend stormy bits of the day. My dad used to call me that when I was little, although I was decidedly more set in my crankiness than this little one is. She'll start tearing up for a second and let out a scream but if you look at her and say, "Hey, no." or "None of that.", she's done. Tantrum averted. When I was the reigning princess of stormy moods, it could go on for days. But I mean, who else am I gonna pass the legacy on to? I don't have any nieces or nephews of my own yet and I don't know that I'll be having kids of my own at all, so she gets the honor of taking over my throne for the time being. 

But, admittedly, after carrying her around all day, I am exhausted. I'm going to turn in now and get some sleep. I have a long day tomorrow anyway involving an oil change and battery cleaning for Ariel (who is my car) and I'm gonna have to be up early to get all of that tackled. 

Nighty night, guys.
 ♥ Chelsea




No comments:

Post a Comment