Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things, Part One: Lounging Around the House

In the interest of keeping things interesting on my blog, and also in keeping with the gypsytude theme, I decided I wanted to try something new and talk about my favorite things as the holidays approach. Yes, I do the whole fess up thing, but that's become a bit boring to me. 

And I'm still not entirely sure if anyone actually reads this blog at all. If no one reads it, who will I be hurting to switch it up and if someone does, then hopefully you like the new set up. 

This first post is going to be about my favorite things for lounging around the house. 

 First off, we're gonna start with sweatpants. These happen to be my absolute favorite pair from Gilly Hicks. They're super soft and the fit is really comfortable while still being flattering. I spend a lot of time in them wandering around the house or watching movies in bed. Which I do a lot. Don't mind my little pink tree in the background there. I decided that if I can't beat them, I need to joint them on the precelebration of Christmas bandwagon. 

Next up are mugs of tea. Duh. Anyone who is anyone on the Internet is obsessed with tea. I however have been drinking tea since before it was cool, thankyouverymuch. My mug collection is rather impressive if I do say so myself. However, at present a great deal of it is packed away since my move back home. This ginormous and oddly on point number was a TJ Maxx find with my mom on Friday night whilst we were out shopping and I just had to have it. As this has been a lazy weekend, it's been next to me the whole time full of some steaming goodness or other. 

Chuck the Dog, my 11 year old Bichon Frisé is another member of the family quite familiar with spending the whole day in bed. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this a few weeks ago when I posted it. If not, here's my adorable dog demonstrating his cuddle ability even though he's not huge on actually cuddling. He likes to be close but not touching. If you're really lucky he'll back his butt up into you. But that's about as snuggly as he gets. 


Last but certainly not least because I'm obsessed with them are the best slippers in the whole entire world. I think they're about 3 years old now but these babies are my favorite things in the world. They don't go outside at all. And despite a childhood refusal to wear slippers at all, I've never once been reminded that I need these guys on my feet. 

Well, that's post one done. The rest will be a bit more interesting than this but I wanted to start it off tonight.

Cheers, friends! I'm snuggling up in bed with The Hobbit playing on my laptop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment