Friday, November 1, 2013

A Week in the Life

Well guys, not shockingly at all, another week has passed and I decided that instead of a fess up, I'd just give you a few photos from the week and take a second to chit chat about what all I've had going on. It wasn't nearly as long of a week as some of the past few have been, though. 

Monday was a work day, as usual, but it was not a 12 hour day, thank goodness. I got to do some cool things with an awards program that my school district internship is putting together and I got to finish up a great story about one of our high schools that I had a great time covering last Friday. 

And then I came home and I just vegged out and watched all my favorite TV shows. For some reason, Sleepy Hollow and Bones are on some nonsense hiatus and have been for the last few weeks. BUT Hart of Dixie this week was great. I actually was really happy for Lemon and Castle was ok. I still don't understand Alexis' boyfriend or where the heck he came from at all. I know they met while she was on some trip but when did Alexis become a dumbass? That kid is so obnoxious. Mr. C this, Mr. C that. Shut it, man, shut it.

 I also got to make myself a mug of pumpkin pie spice hot chocolate. My obsession with this comes in waves. Sometimes I make it all the time, and some years, I don't have a single cup whatsoever. I have a kickass hot chocolate maker that my mom gave me from Williams-Sonoma 2 years ago, and I'm obsessed with that thing. You legitimately take ground chocolate and steam milk in the microwave and the lid is a built in mixer/frother. It's just magical. And a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice makes it all the better. I LOVE it. 

Tuesday was a school day. Boring. Nothing to report. Except that I got a little baker bug and decided to make some pumpkin bread that we got at Trader Joe's. I'm sure that this stuff was supposed to be healthier than Krusteaz or some other brand of boxed mix, but I was not a fan. It was literally crummy. It was not cakey and delicious like the other brands, and despite cooking it for beyond the maximum amount of time, it liked to fall apart way too much for my taste to be honest. 

Wednesday I stayed home from work because I had 3 different projects for school to work on and I was feeling a little bit of pressure for time. I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and assume that there are very few people who hate group work quite as much as I do. I don't know when other people got so oblivious, or mediocre, but I find the whole thing frustrating. Especially because professors assume that you have nothing better to do than work for their class and because your schedule is soooooo open, you need to try and coordinate it with the other people in your class who also have nothing better to do. I'm in two groups and both of them are full of some people who really shouldn't force other people to risk their grades on them. 

Thursday was one of the best school days ever. I not only got up on time, but I had time to style my hair, do my homework and get to school on time. Then I got to my math class and for what I predict will be the only time this year, I received a perfect score on a test. Not that I won't try for a repeat. But I'm pretty not good at math. So I can honestly say I'm not going to be doing that again. 



I also did not fail my RPTA test like I thought I did. I got a C. Which I can certainly recover from. C is doable. F's not so much. So all in all, it was a pretty solid day, schoolwise. And because my mother refused to buy any candy this year, I was forced to celebrate my super duper day with a margarita. Happy Halloween to me! Best kind of treat I know ;)

Slapped some makeup on for dinner too. Do I see dark lips and curled hair?!

Today was pretty meh. I'm exhausted. I'm watching Parenthood on Amazon Prime (my new obsession) and hanging out trying to muster up the energy to make a little bit of progress in my room because I'd like to make some progress in here this weekend, cleanliness wise. I need to go through my closet and whatnot. I wanna put on The Blind Side and some sweats and chillout. That'll probably happen here in a few minutes. 

I hope you guys are having a great Friday night and that you enjoy your weekends as much as I will as well!

Nighty night ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment