Saturday, October 26, 2013

Finally...a Fess Up!

I know, I know, I'm a horrible blogger and it's been over a week since I actually posted anything of use. But today I'm back with a fess up and some other news!

It's been a heck of a week. I was busier than a bee during honey season...is there a honey season? Anyway, Monday was my last day at the hotel...cue hallelujah chorus here...Wednesday almost killed me. I had to be at work at 6:30 to work on a story and last weekend was intense between UoP's homecoming and the funeral I had to go to. I got off work at 4 today and I've been home for about an hour so I decided to sit down and get this blog post written and posted while I watch Casey Holmes and MeghanRosette on YouTube.

To be honest, quite a few of my fess up things are going to be TV related...I've been loving this Fall's lineup. Thus, my appreciation of the new shows on TV has to be noted. Just a warning. 

Number One: Reign. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't excited about this show at all. While I like period pieces and all that, The CW's tv shows don't usually tickle my fancy. My love/hate relationship with Gossip Girl pretty much started when Jenny took over as queen of the Upper East Side and continued from there. The exception to this is of course, Hart of Dixie because well, I love Rachel Bilson. But back to Reign. Aside from the horrendous accents (no one on the show has an accent appropriate to their supposed country of origin. It upsets me. I guess America just assumes that everyone from Europe sounds British. That seems to be what's going on here), I love the show. I'm a huge fan and I'm not sure why. It isn't like it is mind blowing or anything. I'm fully aware of Mary Queen of Scots and her history, but the show is just great. Only two episodes in but thus far, I'm diggin it for sure. All of the behind the scenes pictures from the show are hilarious, too. It seems like everyone on the show seems to like each other and get along really well which is always nice to see, I feel. Plus, how gorgeous is the chick who plays Mary?! 

Hair jealousy for sure. BUT I'm this color now so I suppose I can try and achieve this. 

Number Two: The Originals. I suppose since the CW is currently rockin' it with their new shows, I suppose I'll keep on in the vein of television shows that I like right now. The Originals kind of trips me out, only because it is currently taking place during the set of episodes in which Klaus and Elijah are in New Orleans and The Vampire Diaries has moved on from that particular place in time...so the Originals are like in a time loop while Mystic Falls moved on in time...like I said...trippy. Don't get it. BUT I am totally enjoying the series. I'm slightly obsessed with New Orleans so the show taking place there is definitely helping my love affair develop. I don't know. Overall, I can't get enough of the show even though the way the guy who plays Klaus talks drives me NUTS because speech impediments inherently bother me. I don't know what it is. People who move their mouths oddly when they talk just trip me out. And I love Phoebe Tonkin's style on the show...and in real life. But whatever, we'll keep it to the show. 
Plus Marcell isn't too hard on the eyes, either.

Number Three: The skull leggings I bought on StyleLately. I got them mostly to wear for Halloween but it isn't like skulls stop being cool on November 1st. I just won't wear them to any Christmas parties, yeah? I linked them but you can't buy them anymore. StyleLately, for those who don't know is a website that features trendy clothing for a limited time at discounted prices. I got the leggings for $11.99 and I guess I got the last pair because they were sold out when I looked at their listing not even 2 minutes later. I'll post a picture of my Halloween outfit for you so you can see how awesome they are. 

Number Four: Dark hair. So despite my plans not even two fess ups ago to go a caramel, bronzey blonde, I ended up going to a level four (hella dark) brown this week on Wednesday. Why, you ask? Well, I felt like it. I spent a few days looking on Pinterest for "Rich Brown Hair" and eventually gave up and let my stylist do what she wanted anyway. I'm waiting for her to post the pictures on Instagram though because the color we went is super trippy. It's a dark dark brown, almost black but in the sun, it reflects blood red. It's so weird. There isn't a drop of red in the actual dye because my hair has a tendency to pull really warm anyway and go red no matter what color we apply but this time, it's here even though it wasn't invited to the party. 

Number Five: Allegiant. If you are a fan of novels about dystopian societies, a la The Hunger Games and have no read the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, you are clearly living under a rock. I think the last fess up I posted I was reading House of Hades. I finished that book just in time for my pre-ordered copy of Allegiant, the third installment of the Divergent series, to load itself onto my Kindle. I'm only about five chapters in, and I don't remember the other books actually switching perspectives between characters, but for now, I'm allowing it. It's super good so far, I just keep having to remember what happened in the first two books because its been a while since I last read them. 

Number Six: Artwork. Now that I've moved back home, I've been slowly, very slowly, been getting my room together, hanging up my pictures, arranging things on my bookshelf, getting it all just so now that I'm back for a bit, and I've been getting into shopping for artwork for my walls. I don't have a ton of wall space or anything, but I do have enough to be able to hang up a few pieces and I think that I finally found the final two pieces to fill the holes I have left. Once everything looks like an explosion didn't occur an hour before I walked into my room, I will absolutely be posting pictures of it and talking about things. I'm really excited, actually. I like having a room that I'm proud of and want to be in now. 
Clearly I needed this the second I saw it!

Number Seven: Monroe and Harlow. I already talked about them last time, yest. But since then, I received my order and they've been releasing more things and I couldn't be more pleased with both my order and how the miniature snafu that occurred was handled by the shop owner. Monroe and Harlow is affiliated with another website called StoreEnvy which is how their orders are processed, I guess. Anyway, when I submitted my order, I got the standard "Thanks for Your Order" email with my receipt and telling me that I would receive a ship confirmation once I they went out. Aaaaaaand like 2 or 3 days later I still hadn't gotten one. So I emailed the shop just to check and see whether or not they'd gone out. The lovely shop owner emailed me back right away and let me know that they had gone out the day before and that they should arrive to me from Florida in about 2-3 days. Which was fine with me. I asked her for the tracking number just to be able to check their progress and she let me know that for some reason, my items were "stuck" in Miami and hadn't moved in two days. I told her it wasn't a big deal and I could hang in until they came in. She told me that if they hadn't moved by 3 that day, she'd be calling USPS to see what the heck was up. Well, that was Friday and the Monroe and Harlow package arrived at my house on Saturday. Apparently they weren't stuck at all and USPS was up to its usual fuckery but I really appreciated her effort to work with me and her concern for the fact that my items were not shipping to me properly and on time. I will definitely be ordering more from them after I get paid next time. 

I hope you guys have been having a good week and now that I'm back on track with posting, I will be sure to post more. I still need to do an outfit styling post with my knit jeggings and also with my skull leggings on Halloween so keep your eyes peeled for those. And I'll probably be getting something up in the next few days here about my room as it progresses into a more permanent state of doneness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment