Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's time to fess up...

...I swear, Friday is actually one of my shortest days but I always seem to be more tired on Fridays than I am every other day and fall asleep at oddly early times. Overall, it was pretty much a good week. I managed to maintain the good mood I had all week even though a couple of times there I was stressed beyond belief. I am however absolutely exhausted. This 12 hour day stuff is going to have to be done, real quick. I can't keep doing it every since week on top of school and trying to have a life. The struggle is real, friends.

On a funny note, I did get stopped at a high school yesterday because they thought I was a student trying to ditch. Yes, I look that young. Basically, I was onsite for work yesterday and as we were leaving, I hear a lady's voice behind me talking to someone but I clearly didn't listen because I've been a high school graduate for almost 5 years and I don't go to that school. I'm almost to the gate behind which my car is parked and I hear, "Helloooooo!" so I turn around and look behind me and the lady goes, "Uh, HI!" and I say back (in my least friendly voice), "hi." She saw my id badge, was very embarrassed and says, "Oh sorry." I just turned around and walked away. I don't go here, you've clearly never seen me before and if I was a student trying to ditch, I woulda been off campus and gone before you stopped me lady, go away. My boss found this story hilarious when I told him. I didn't.

Anyway, on to what you all came here for....my weekly fess up of things I'm loving or hating.

Number One: Hot Chocolate. It's been about 2 or 3 weeks since I've actually had any almond milk in my house which in and of itself is a crisis situation as far as I'm concerned. But now that I do, I can totally use my hot chocolate maker and my delicious semi-sweet hot chocolate from Willams-Sonoma. In my Disneyland Halloween mug, of course. My mom bought my the hot chocolate maker for Christmas...three years ago, maybe two, and every Christmas since, I've asked for a new version of their hot chocolate to go with it. The tin usually lasts about a year so it's pretty cost-effective but it is also so much better than the disgusting Swiss Miss powder junk. I haven't actually made any yet, but I'll be busting it out tomorrow morning before I have to go to work at the hotel at 3. 

Number Two: Reconnecting with old friends. In the last 4 years at college, I've made a lot of friends. Some I've kept, some I've lost but this week, I've managed to see and reconnect with several friends I hadn't seen in a while. Which is nice. Sometimes it is good to dive back into your past by meeting up and spending time with people who knew you way back when. It's also a good benchmark to see how much you've changed. I had dinner with one of my best girlfriends from my Freshman and Sophomore years whom I hadn't seen in almost a year and a half and it was so nice to see her and catch up and just chat about life. We met up at another friend's downtown boutique and were talking about "back in the day" and one of us made the point that, "you know you're old when you look back and say, 'we've all calmed down so much'." Which is true, we have. We're all working steady jobs, finishing up school and moving on with our lives. And if you can do it over ceviche and sangria, why the heck not?!

Zocalo Happy Hour >>>>>>

Number Three: Bronde hair. As a devout ombre lover over the last year or two and finally having achieved the perfect level of ombre perfection in August, no one is more shocked than I that my friend Maggie was able to talk me into biting the bullet and going the enlightened road again. For those of you who don't know me, I was blonde for a solid two years during my teens. I'm a natural redhead (well more auburn than red really but same color family) and for the longest time, I would only go dark. Some time during my Freshman year I thought, why the heck not and started the blonde process. And I liked it. I look pretty good as a blonde. BUT it was a pain in the butt because as anyone who knows me can attest, I'm friggin lazy. And while I have neutral enough roots that I can go a bit without getting them touched up, the touch-ups themselves were driving me nuts. So about a year ago I went dark again and I went ombre in February of this year. Wellp, Maggie talked me into going blonde again and I made my appointment for the end of November. I'm currently praying for my hair. All that bleach is bound to freak it out. But I'm doing it. 
Plus I'm in love with Nina Agdal and her hair color. This is where I wanna end up. 

Number Four: Potentially getting a new job. I had an interview this week at a restaurant that one of my friends works at as a bartender. We've been bugging her manager for like 6 months about me coming to work there and I finally had my interview on Thursday. It went well and with any luck I'll be able to quit the hotel after this current schedule is through. All my fingers and toes are crossed. It's about time for me to make a change. I've been miserable at this job for the last....7 months. I'm ready to move on and try something I'll actually enjoy. Life is too short to hate what you're doing. Plus, who doesn't love beer, wings and sports?! The answer is weird people. That's who doesn't love the holy trinity. 

Number Five: Sweaters!!! I bought myself 2 new sweaters from Target online a couple of weeks ago and they finally arrived yesterday. I'm in love, guys. With sweaters. They're so soft and they're the perfect amount of chunky knit and slouchiness without being totally frumpy and bag lady lookin'. They made friends with all my other sweaters this morning. I have a lot more sweaters than I thought I did but that's good. It means I need to buy less now that it's fall and sweaters are where it's at for dressing yourself when you're a girl. 

Number Six: Knit Jeggings! Ok, so this is one of my more ridiculous purchases. I did not need them when they ended up in my cart on American Eagle's Website but I figured, I can wear them to work, they're professionally appropriate, being black and all, plus I can wear them casually too..but mostly for work at the internship.  That was the conversation that I had with myself while trying to decide whether or not I just had to have them. Basically, I'm full of it. I totally could have survived without them. But now that I have one pair, I want all of them! They have them in olive, khaki, and burgundy or something and let me tell you, considering how comfortable they are, it is taking all of my will power not to buy every single pair in every single color because they totally are work wear appropriate and it's kind of like wearing yoga pants to work...but actually having pockets to put your phone in. 

Number Seven: Hunter Hayes. I've already featured him on a fess up before, but considering I spend between 4 to 7 hours a day listening to his Pandora station when I'm at my internship, I feel like I should really feature him on here as an artist and not just the song that has managed to get me through the current awkwardness that was the end of my last relationship in which I have no idea what actually happened and am not sure exactly how to proceed with the guy because of the lack of closure. Anyway every morning when I get to work, I put on my Hunter Hayes Pandora station and listen to him for the entirety of my work day as I'm at my desk. And when he comes on the radio, I get like ten times more excited. And he's made it on my Tumblr music player 3 times over of late. So I'd say we're still musically in love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment