Sunday, October 26, 2014

My Winter Wishlist

So my last couple of posts have been just quick, little all text guys because I had some thoughts rolling around or I needed to update you on the awesome opportunities I've been afforded lately. Now, I thought that I would put together my Winter Wishlist post to follow up my Fall Wishlist that I did a month or two ago.

Now that it's finally cooling down here (I mean really, 90 degrees into the middle of October?!), I've started shopping for more wintery clothing since once it does cool down here, it cools down. Here are a few of the things that I've pinned for my winter wants. Most of these I've actually purchased already because I just couldn't wait. Don't be alarmed that they're mostly from The Gap. I just spend a crap ton of time at Gap and see things I want to buy while I'm at work. No big deal.

Barbara Quilted Rain Boots, Target $39.99
Where I live, we don't get snow at all. But we do get torrential rain, which means that rain boots are a definite necessity. I have a pair of bean boots already but those aren't exactly the most universal of shoes for cold weather so I picked these up at Target. They're super nice looking with the matte texture of the boots and the quilting gives it an extra touch. The only thing to keep in mind is that the sizing is ridiculous. I wear a size 9 normally and I bought these in a 7. No idea how that's a thing. But make sure you size down if you decide to pick them up. 

Black Leather Slip On Sneakers, Gap $49.95
I got these for myself since my trusty Vans have started to fall apart. They won't be the best choice in the rain, but if the drought conditions continue, I don't suppose I'll have to worry about that. They're very comfortable and fit true to size although they only come in whole sizes, so keep that in mind when you're picking them out.

Super Skinny Khakis, Gap $59.95

We got these in at work last week and I am absolutely obsessed with them. They are so soft and comfortable and the fit makes your butt look amazing. I am so excited to get them! They'll go with so many things, and especially for the holiday season, they're going to be perfect. 

Always Skinny Distressed Skimmer Jeans, Gap $69.95
Lately, I've realized that my jeans are either really old, don't fit or, with the last couple of pairs I've bought, are odd colors. I just want a pair of throw on blue jeans that I can wear all the time and I think that's what these are going to be. The fit is really nice (Always Skinny is my favorite cut of our jeans) and I really like the distressing being not at the knees because I always end up ripping huge holes in the knees of my jeans when they're already distressed there.

Marled Raglan Sweater, Gap $44.95
I bought a sweater from work that is literally identical to this as far as the fabric is concerned, but has no pockets. Not gonna lie, I'm a little pissed mine doesn't have pockets on it, but I'll live. I love the navy/white marled look of the sweater. I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe. 

PrimaLoft Luxe Floral Puffer Vest, Gap $52.99
This guy is actually marked down online but not in stores which I find very annoying. But I'm in love with the print on this thing. It doesn't look at all like a traditional puffer vest to me so I feel like I need it in my life. 

And there you have all of the things that I want for the winter time here. Stay tuned for a couple more Fall posts this week and check out my first official food post over here on Eat. Drink. Adventure. 







No comments:

Post a Comment