Monday, August 18, 2014

What is it about this time of year?

Right around back to school each year, I start getting into Fall mode. I don't know why that is. I've just always been an autumn girl: it's cool enough to drink Caramel Apple Spices (my FAVORITE) and wear plaid and my favorite boots, but it isn't so cold and gross that we're trapped inside for days on end. Right now though,  it's still 100 degrees where I live and it is, after all only August, but back to school for me immediately equals flannel and scarves and buying a new pair of moccasins. For whatever reason, August means Fall and Fall means October, which is my favorite month of the year.

Now that I'm in Fall mode, I'm working on planning a girl's trip up to Apple Hill, maybe some wine tasting and a bunch of other fun, fall only activities, which for you, my readers, means a whole lot more fun content coming at you. With any luck, I'll have a new phone which means better pictures and a whole lot more interesting reading for you, which I hope you will enjoy immensely.

For now, I'm going to indulge myself by posting my Fall wish list for you to check out as well. Enjoy, guys!


Moccasins- I LOVE moccasins. I would wear them every single day if I could. I bought myself some GH Bass ones for this season but they weren't exactly what I wanted. Target has good moccasins but they usually don't last me more than a couple of seasons so it doesn't seem worth it to spend $20 every year getting a new pair. The hunt continues.

American Eagle Midi Shorts- This might seem sort of random but I'm in need of some shorts. Most of the ones that I own currently are a tad on the short side and are 5 years old or more. So I'm hoping to get some of these longer, more colorful shorts on sale now that Summer clothes will be on their way out.


Gray Jeans- I had a pair of these last year and loved them but they got a tad too snug so I gave them away. Old Navy has some pretty cute options right now and for around $19, too.


Quilted Vest- Any hardcore Pinterest girl has her eyes on this J. Crew vest that comes out every Fall only to be retired by Mid November. Not being one willing to spend $110 on a vest, I'm thinking any quilted vest should get the job done.


Quilted Jacket- I love the look of them. They're always so warm and comfortable looking and they go with both dressy and casual outfits too.


Flannels- Despite transitioning my wardrobe into a more preppy direction over the last year, I am still a flannel girl. I love plaid and the warm softness of flannel has always been my favorite Fall staple. 

This sweater! I am obsessed. I saw it at Gap when I was there last week and it is the softest  thing I've ever felt. It was $55 but it's on sale right now...so I'm trying to decide if I should go for it or not. Decisions decisions. 

Well guys, those are what I've got my eye on for this Fall. What about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment