Thursday, August 14, 2014

Am I a "real" blogger yet?


After months and months of seeing them on blogs, in YouTube videos and all over Instagram, I finally caved and bought my first pair of Jack Rogers sandals this weekend. And no, not full price, are you kidding?! I got them at TJ Maxx on sale for $29! But not the single strap jelly sandals or even the black pair that has been floating around my local TJ Maxx store for months. No no, legitimate leather Jack Rogers sandals. While I'm pretty sure they're the just the classic style, to be totally honest, there are like three styles on the website that look exactly the same to me.

I'm not normally a super trendy girl. In fact, my favorite pair of shoes is a beat to death pair of Roxy flip flops that I wear almost every single day. They're dirty and one has a chunk out of it after being packed for the Dominican Republic but I love them because they're comfortable and fast and pretty much match with anything. In the case of these shoes though, I just couldn't help it. The pink and white were so jaunty and summery looking on the shelf (and to be honest, I'm trying to revamp my style to be a little more adult now that I've graduated college) that I couldn't resist trying them on. Gosh they were so cute. I looked down and knew they had to come home with me.  

Now, even though I'm in love with the shoes, we're currently in the breaking in phase which I'm not really in love with. They seem to put pressure directly on my heels which is kind of annoying. Since I live nowhere near a beach, I'm wondering if regular water will help break them in the same as the ocean water all the blogs online suggest. With any luck, wearing them for a week or so will help them break in a bit better and I won't have to worry about annoying heel pain for very long. 

Despite that, I'm kind of obsessed. And yes, that is a different tattoo than was there the last time my feet were featured on this blog. 

Cheers, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment