Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Let's chat about Hart of Dixie, shall we?


For those who don't know, Hart of Dixie is Rachel Bilson's latest project on the CW. It centers around Zoe Hart, a cardio-thoracic surgeon from New York who moves to Bluebell, Alabama after not getting the surgical...I think fellowship...at her hospital of origin. Anyway, she moves to Bluebell to "get in touch with her heart" as a GP. We're in the third season now. A lot has happened and a whole lot of character development has occurred and the reason I'm writing this is because I can't get over Annabeth Nass. 


When the show first started she was the best friend of the main character's arch nemesis and really didn't have much personality to speak of at all. But over the last two seasons she has become one of my favorite characters on the show.

Annabeth is the sweetest firecracker of a Southern belle one can hope to meet and her relationship with mayor Lavon Hayes is such a huge part of why the show is so great. Between her friendship with Zoe Hart and being involved in some silly scheme or other, I'm really tuning in to see Annabeth every week, not Zoe obsessing over what her ex-boyfriend is doing and waiting for her current weirdo boyfriend to figure out what's going on and dump her already. Annabeth's story line has intrigue and interest. Zoe is predictable as a sunrise. 

After the first episode of the season....which yes, I just watched tonight 2 days late, I can't wait to see what this season has in store of Annabeth and Lavon and the possible annexation of Bluebell to their archenemy town, Fillmore. Let's be honest, as much as I love Rachel Bilson, Zoe is just getting too boring for me to care anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment