Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome to 2014, I don't do New Year's Resolutions.

I just don't. I've tried, I've failed, I've given up. At this point, I just set goals for myself. Not as resolutions, just as things to get accomplished. Often, they're on a monthly basis, or a weekly one, just starting small in the hopes of making them routine. With the first week of the year almost at a close, I figured I'd chat about some goals I have for this month.

For example, starting this month, I'm TOTALLY cutting out dairy. Now, I'm lactose intolerant so I have been doing that anyway, BUT the reason I say I'm totally cutting out dairy is because living at home means I have other people cooking for me too. Other people who frequently forget my limitations when it comes to digesting dairy products so every now and again, I get stuck taking a lactase pill, and dealing with the consequences. That is not going to happen anymore. Now I can't say there won't be slip ups or poor planning, but I can say that the three of us will be working on it a lot harder than we did last year.

I'm also totally cutting out soda. Again, I already do this but I have been known to every once in a while drink ginger ale a little too much if its in the house, or suck down Diet Coke like they'll stop bottling it last month. I allow myself the little slips, but since I'm whitening my teeth professionally this month, I can't ingest soda and therefore am going to use that as the reset button on my no soda thing to start it over for 2014.

My major goal is still going to be to read more. I used to really love reading and thus far I haven't actually sat down and read anything that I've been planning to. I've watched a TON of old TV and napped a lot, although that comes from getting over a cold and also working a TON really early this week, plus an unpleasant amount of back pain. I've been pretty miserable this week and in a lot of pain. But the cold is gone and I'm redirecting for next week. With any luck, I'll get enthralled with Allegiant and be able to finish that and start my next book immediately after.

Those are my goals this month. What about you guys?


No comments:

Post a Comment