Friday, September 6, 2013

It's about that time...

...for Friday Fess Up!!!

Gosh guys, I am so sorry that I flaked out this week. It has been a rough one. It was the first week back at school on top of internship hours and work at the hotel. BUT I remembered my Friday thing so I feel like that's important.

Number 1: I finally learned that not everything is my fault. Yes, after being alive and blaming myself for 21 years, I have finally figured out that not everything that happens to me is in fact my fault. It absolutely can be a problem with the other person and they can just be a total asshole without my doing anything to make them act that way. 

Probably sounds a little bitchy, but trust me, my dating life has been fraught with apologies (usually made by me) and assuming that everything that happens negatively in the relationship is always because I have done something wrong. No more. After this last one, I now know that there was not a thing I could have done to fix it. He was leaving no matter what and that's that. 

For the record, I tried to make sure it was a congenial break up. He wasn't having it. Still hope he's happy and everything goes well for him. But I just don't care anymore about trying to force it to work. If he's meant to be a part of my life, he will be. If not, I bear him no ill will. 

Number 2: I am now officially a published writer! Never thought that I would A.be published and B. be so excited about it. But I am. To both. The links to my two articles can be found here and here

Number 3: Purple hair is NOT for me. Yup, that's right, I took it out. Couldn't do it anymore. Between wearing my hair naturally curly today and the pulling on my scalp from the extension, it had to go. And to boot, it made me look even younger than I already do. Considering I still look about 15 years old, and I looked about 13 with the purple and my usual no makeup face, I couldn't take it anymore. This picture confirmed it. Prepare yourselves right now:
My friend Maggie and me on the first day of school. Yup, I look 12. 

Number 4: Makeup brushes really DO need to be cleaned regularly. Probably a DERP for many of you out there but it occurred to me today that I don't think I've actually washed mine in the entire time I've been in the apartment and I really need to do so. I'm planning on doing it after work (which is where I am right now, writing this. Terrible employee but I don't care). I usually use this technique if you care.

Number 5: I am an Alabama Football fan. Something you should know if we're going to carry on this reader-blogger relationship and football season is upon us. Roll Tide.

Number Six: I am obsessed with teal and glitter. The color teal. Or teal glitter. I don't care about regular glitter. I'm not weird or anything. I just like teal glitter because it is pretty and looks like a mermaid. (Which means this post should actually be: I'm obsessed with mermaids. But we'll talk about that another time when I have a good picture of my mermaid tattoo handy.) But my obsession with teal glitter: It's a thing. I'm even paying one of the girls that does my hair to make me a glitter teal Starbucks cup. Mostly because she's done it before, is crafty and has teal glitter. It'll look something like the one on the left when she's done: 
PLUS it'll match my car. Her name is Ariel. She's gorgeous. 

Speaking of Ariel...

Number 7: I will be in Disneyland next week. I plan on doing a post about it that I'll start while I'm there but I'll be adding pictures and things and doing a super post somewhere around next Tuesday after my job interview. Happiest place on earth should make me the happiest girl on earth. Except that my boss is going and we just got into a fight at work and I really don't want to go with her. But I'm stuck. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment