Sunday, September 29, 2013

What's on my Christmas List?

About a week ago, I'm in the kitchen trying to find something to munch, as I so often do at all times of the day, and my mother comes downstairs and emphatically announces that she would like a Ped Egg for Christmas. That's it. She wants a Ped Egg. So I think to myself...if I get everyone's requests in now...I could be done shopping by mid October and spend the rest of the time in stress-free bliss, not having to worry about shopping or beating other people to the mall. So I'm goin' for it. That in turn though, means that I should have my own Christmas list ready to go so that I can provide other shoppers in my life that same, stress-free experience, right?

Now, to be fair, I expected to graduate around Christmas time, so my grad present/Christmas list has been standing for a minute. It's pretty short, though the items I chose are quality. So I figured I would share it with you folks as well, maybe you'll get into the Christmas spirit in September too.

Clark's Desert Boots in Beeswax Leather
This seems like a pretty random thing to ask for for Christmas but, to be clear, I've had my eyes on these babies since Christmas 2011. I am in LOVE. Considering how much of a plain Jane I am in the style department, burnished leather grandpa boots are right up my alley. Apparently, these were cool back in the day when my mom was my age....wellp Moms, they're still cool for this girl now. I have legitimately been coveting these for years and I'm finally going to ask for them for Christmas because well, two years is too long to wait. I could always have bought them myself, but it is so much more satisfying to not spend $110 on a pair of boots that I don't really need in real life. 

Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume


Sooooo this guy is currently hanging on by a thread on the list. Considering how obsessed I've become with Victoria's Secret's Coconut Passion perfume in recent weeks, that has definitely surpassed Honey for now. But I already own Coconut Passion so I'm going to go for something new for the early part of 2014 and switch it up maybe. We'll see if it actually stays though. 

This fragrance came out in the Spring and while I do like Marc Jacobs fragrances, I tend to lean more toward richer, more vanilla-y fragrances than he typically releases. In the case of Honey, I found that I really do like how light it is because there is a rounded out sweetness to it that I feel like tends to be missing for me when I've smelled the other fragrances from the brand. There's always a little something missing that I can't put my finger on and they fall just a little....flat. Perhaps its the honey element in the perfume that I'm responding to. Either way, I love it and if it makes it on the final Christmas list, I'm getting it. 

That's about it for now. My only FOR SURE is the boots. I want a gift certificate to get my hair done but I'm not super concerned about that right now. I still have to decide what I'd like to do with my hair by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment