Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ok...who the heck hit fast forward?!

Guys, I swear I say this every week, and I know it. But where do these days keep going? Despite the last 7 days feeling like some of the longest in my life, this week ended rather quickly and pretty quick here it'll be Christmas. Sure, I'm getting a little carried away, but forreal guys, this is just getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm waking up on Monday and then by noon, it's Friday already.

Speaking of, I've decided I'm just going to start calling it the Fess Up. No Friday. Sometimes I'm busy, and I can't get it up on Friday but I definitely do as soon as I can. So taking the deadline out cuts a bit of the pressure for me. To quote the YouTube community, with that being said, let's jump right in. I swear, they ALL say that in their videos. Guys, get a new catch phrase! I'm begging you!

Number One: Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea from Celestial Seasonings. Like I said, soon it will be Christmas, right guys? Might as well start with the seasonal beverages now. Anyway, I'm notorious for using tea as a hand warmer. I might not even want to drink the tea, but I make some so I can hold the warm mug and warm up my notoriously freezing little hands. In the case of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride however, I'm all about drinking it. Yes, it warms my hands just famously, but it is also freaking DELICIOUS. I've gone through most of the remainder of the box I got around Christmastime last year in a matter of the last few days. I can't even tell you how nice it is to be sitting here writing this with the wafting scent of sugar cookie tea coming from my Disneyland Halloween mug right next to me.
MMMMMM Delicious! Plus, look how cute the box is!


Number Two: My new workstation. Over the last few weeks, I've managed to get really behind in life. Or at least feel like I am. Postmove, my room is still a bit of a disaster area. And while we're going to be working on it today, I needed to get a set workspace for myself because if I don't have somewhere to grade my papers and store my laptop, I'll be doing it in my bed and beds are not for working. They're for napping, cuddling, and watching Sons of Anarchy or Once Upon a Time in. Once everything is put together, I'll post pictures and do a description of what all we did, I'm just waiting to get my electrical situation figured out and my calendar and bulletin board hung up.

Number Three: Once Upon a Time. So other than the fact that I'm more than a little annoyed that Joanna Garcia is apparently going to be playing Ariel on the show, (I mean seriously, my favorite character is going to be played by Cheyenne from Reba?! Seriously?! There had to have been much better options to play a mermaid out there) I am so excited that Once Upon a Time is back on starting tomorrow. Over its runtime, it has managed to become one of my favorite shows and I can't wait to see how the new season progresses. Plus I am always super into Emma's style...or I was in the first season, subsequent seasons and their costuming has only managed to disappoint...and Mary Margaret's makeup choices. Bring on the magic!
Anyone else think that looks vaguely like the Flying Dutchman from the Pirates movies??

Number Four: My current hair care routine. Ok, ok, I'm not a beauty guru or anything. Nor do I claim to be. Trust me, I'm way too lazy for that. BUT after double processing my hair to achieve the ombre look I've been rocking for almost a year now, not to mention a pretty dramatic frying after letting a friend's mom color my hair with a box dye last November, my hair was a little bit on the freaking out side. However, I am happy to report that it is not nearly as strawlike and dry, nor do I have little broken pieces everywhere like I did. Thank you Macadamia Natural Oil! Woot!

Number Five: Sweatpants, leggings, and yoga pants being practically a seasonal requirement. I've noticed this week that because I'm not taking Communication classes, no one in my classes wears real pants. Everyone is constantly in workout gear. As a result I've decided that I clearly chose the wrong major coming into college. If I'd just chosen Kinesiology, I could have work sweats for the last four years, cuteness be damned! Too late now though, so I'll just hop on the bandwagon and give my jeans a rest unless I'm going out for a beer ;) I ordered myself two pairs of cuter, more girly sweatpants than the type I'm usually spotted in from Gilly Hicks this week because theirs were marked down to $25 and there was free shipping over $50. Done deal right there. 
Gilly Hicks Vintage Skinny Sweatpants. Hopefully they're as comf as they look.

Number Six: Getting published for the second time at work. After possibly the most boring 2 weeks ever at my internship, I'm getting another story published, plus some photos I took yesterday. All of which I did the photo editing on and I wrote the story and the Facebook blurb. No links yet but when I have them, so will you :)

Number Seven: Coconut Passion Perfume from Victoria's Secret. I'm in love with this scent. I got the body spray version in August with a coupon for a full-size free at Victoria's Secret. I become so obsessed with it that I had to buy the actual perfume as well. Now I've asked my little sister for the body wash and body cream for Christmas so I can smell like delicious dessert all the time.
Doesn't look like much but it smells SOOOOO good! 
Even my hair dresser asked me what I was wearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment